How to Block a Certain Website on Your Computer, Phone and Network – Enlight Nepal
How to Block a Certain Website on Your Computer, Phone and Network without Using Software
Whatever may be the intention of yours to block Certain Websites? Really, Blocking Unwanted Websites helps you to be protected from spreading viruses, stealing your personal data and information. So, if you found these types of annoying issues on your website, blog or even Social Sites, you just simply block that Websites on Your Chrome, Computer, Phone and Network without using Software.
There are different ways to be followed on How to Block Certain Websites on Your Chrome, Computer, Phone and Network without Using Software. However, you can follow these Underneath Simple and the most efficient blocking techniques to solve your problem.
How to Block a Certain Website on Windows:
- Open “My Computer” and Search For “C:” drive:
To block any website, you need to access and edit “HOST” file. It helps to convert URL’s like www.facebook.com to a numerical DNS (Domain Name System) address. For this, go to: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc then you can see “hosts” over there.
- Open “hosts” files with Notepad:
Double-click on Hosts for editing purpose. Within Notepad, go to File > 127.0.0.1 Localhost”. But do not edit or change anything as you’re working on this IP.
- Press enter to make a new line at the very bottom:
Start New Line right underneath the last “localhost” line.
- Block websites by writing “127.0.0.1” followed by the website URL at the very end:
(It is different than 127.0.0.1 localhost). So write it at the end on Separate Lines each time.)
Finally “Save” the file to block that particular website.
Note: Blocking a certain website on Mac also follows the similar steps with certain application changes.
How to Block a Certain Website on Individual Browsers:
Internet Explorer ( These changes on it not applied to Firefox)
- Open Internet Explorer > tools > Internet Options from the top menu. On Newer versions of IE, click on Gear > Security Settings. (not tools).
- Click Privacy tab > Sites, you want to block > Ok for older versions of IE. But for newer versions of IE, Click on Restricted Sites > Sites.
- Use your own Microsoft account to block any website on the new IE called Edge.
Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
- Open Firefox and Chrome and open there free plug-in i.e. for chrome go to Apps > Chrome Web Store and for Firefox go to Add-ons.
- In Mozilla search for “parental controls or filters” in the web store or add-on library. However, if you cannot find the plug-in, then click “Add-ons” (Firefox) or “Extensions” (Chrome).
- Open Safari > System Preferences > find the parental controls.
Note: Safari doesn’t block websites, but let you choose which to allow.
- Click on “Convert this account to a parental controls account > Web > Allow access to only these Websites.
- If you want to reset full control over website, simply uncheck mark to “allow access to only these websites”.
How to Block a Certain Website with the Router:
- Log into your router’s configuration page using 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 based on a networked computer’s web browser.
- Open Security, Blocking or Access Restrictions Section. Some of the router may not have this model. Some routers may have Advanced Section.
- Enter Websites or Keywords to block > Apply or Save.
- Set a schedule to block, however blocks will apply to all connected devices by default. Then click on Apply or save.
- Add Exceptions and change your administration password.
How to Block a Certain Website on IPhone/iPad/iPod Touch:
- Open the setting app > General
- Tap the “Restriction” option > “Enable Restrictions” > Scroll down to “Allowed Content” > tab “Websites” > Check the “Limit Adult Content” Option > Tap “Add a Website” in the “Never Allow” section.
These are just few to the techniques you can use to block any website on your computer, router, phone etc.